Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Bill McNeal! On Crack! I like Boys!

I think part of the reason my brain has been so quiet recently is because of the darkness in my soul that is a lack of BASEBALL. We're a little over halfway through the offseason, and I'm really starting to feel it. I want to talk about it, I want to see it, and I really want to hear it. Even the gentle hum of a spring training exhibition in the background would be an all-healing salve for me about now.

I had a fever the last couple of days, and I thought it was attributed to bacteria or a virus, or something, but it is not. It is baseball fever. Now put our your cereal so I can sneeze in it, because it's the most delicious fever of all to have.

All for now.

3 comments:

Evn said...

You do not like boys, Mr. "I Tell Lies So That The Titles of My Posts Will Be Funny."

Stop misrepresenting the Tribe. Don't make me call Barney Frank.

[Word verification: "angre." Which is like "anger," but French-Canadian.]

Red Delicious said...

Since I know you want to know the whole story:

the title of the post comes from an episode of "Newsradio" wherein Bill and Dave are arguing over the editing of his opening day baseball promotion; at one point, Khandi Alexander comes in and re-edits the promo so that it plays as the quotation I used.

Yvonne Rathbone said...

I feel your pain. I'm so tired of having to measure time with a clock rather than a pitch.